Strategies for preparing college homework during holidays
Homework is a tradition in the education sector where students are given some work to do at home over holidays. It is what students talk about everywhere in school or outside school. Homework is at the core of learning. It was started in the early generations when studies were all about writing, reading and arithmetic work. Most of the things done in school were rote learning.
Homework is considered as a positive practice and all the education scholars consider it as part of learning. With the rise of technology, homework is being considered as a problem to students, teachers and parents. Internet and libraries are crowded with books that guide parents on how to manage their children in terms of homework.
Benefits of homework to students
o It increases the level of understanding of the content taught in school
o It enables students to use time effectively since they will be working under deadlines.
o Makes students independent in handling the task. They will get trouble in some questions but will be helped later on.
o Helps the student to develop problem-solving skills especially when faced with a challenging question.
o Makes the student prioritize school work first.
o It enhances the development of t of research skills.
o Helps the student to concentrate on their work.
Strategies that will help you do your homework
Most of the people consider holidays to be a time of the year when they are to relax and put aside all the school work. Finding time to do homework may be difficult and seem impossible.it is therefore important when you organize your time early. For instance, required Australian essay writing help and other tasks can be done at a scheduled time through study groups or individually. Some of the key strategies that will help you handle homework during holidays;
• Develop a plan ahead of time. You need to design a plan that will help you do it successfully and avoid distractions. You should know what assignments you have and the submission dates. Break it down to make it convenient for you.
• Leave the easy assignments for a later time. Begin by doing the complicated tasks first then later on as the deadline draws near handle the easy tasks.
• Ask for support from your family members. Your spouse, parents, in-laws or anyone available at home are willing to help you in your assignments. Let them spend some time helping you in your assignment and this way you will avoid being closed out.
• Be real. The holiday season is always busy full of activities here and there. If you handle much of what tasks you may fail to accomplish the school work assignment. Balance your work such that you will find time to handle your assignments.
• Do long term shopping for your household items. This will save you a lot of time and money. You may also shop your items from the online stores. Once you get time, prepare your homework.
• Mute your emails or save them to be read at a later time. If you keep on checking on your emails from time to time it will distract you and you will not be able to prepare your assignment.
• Create some breaks in between the studying time. The break should be used to visit friends, spend time with family or go to a restaurant. This will help you do your work accurately and remove boredom.
• Request for extension of submission date. This happens if all else has failed and you feel beaten by the deadline. There is no need to panic but instead talk to y our lecturer to give you more time.
As discussed above homework is part of learning. There have been regular debates on whether it should continue being part of learning or not. All this is because of the evolving world where technology is moving faster. Many students have been skipping homework when schools close. Students should stop laziness and submit assignments on time.
Failure to submit assignments on time will finally affect the final grade of the student. It is important if they reviewed the points above and start doing their homework during the holidays.